If you are wanting to track your ecommerce website sales within Google Analytics, you need to create a GA Universal Analytics property (GA4 is not yet supported). Make sure to add your GA tracking code in Shopify.
Within Google Analytics:
- Sign into Google Analytics, and click the Admin icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
2. Click E-commerce Settings.
3. Check Enable E-commerce and Enable Enhanced E-commerce Reporting.
4. Click Save. This enables Shopify to track and send all of your website data to Google Analytics.
- Go to Online store > Preferences.
- Go to the Google Analytics section and make sure to add your Google Analytics tracking ID.
- Click the Use Enhanced Ecommerce checkbox.
- Click Save.